the living art of storytelling in Massachusetts
Time: November 15, 2012 from 6:30pm to 9pm
Location: The Puppet Showplace Theatre
Street: 32 Station Street
City/Town: Brookline, MA 02445
Website or Map: http://www.puppetshowplace.org
Phone: (617) 942-2553
Event Type: slamming, the, tradition, -six, traditional, storytelling, events_for_adults
Organized By: Norah Dooley
Latest Activity: Nov 13, 2012
Folk & Fairy Tale Slam - II "feast and famine"
NOV 15th from 7pm to 9pm
32 Station Street Brookline, MA 02445
Bring your fantastic, realistic, metaphorical and/or phantasmagorical stories about food from around the world.
Traditional storytellers from massmouth,inc. featuring Laura Packer & Danielle Schulman as co hosts and George Capaccio as the featured teller, will perform at the Puppet Showplace Theatre (PST) in the 2nd of 6 folk & fairy tale slams events .
We will pick 5 tellers for each night and leave two slots for random choice from “the hat”. Pre-selected tellers get in free and must arrive by 6:30pm to claim slot
This program challenges tellers of traditional stories with the following guidelines:
- tell a story no longer than a 7:59 minutes
- the story must be fiction and
- from any folk or world tradition
- the story may NOT be a literary work,
- must be the teller’s own version, of a folk tale
- all story genres are permitted: (parable, myth, legend, fable, tall tale etc.)
- tellers may use poetry, props, costumes, music BUT no notes 1st and 2nd place winners will advance to the finals date and venue TBA • Grand Prize TBA winners may perform again if there is room but cannot win twice.
Tickets will be $10 at the door and advance tickets are available online @ $8+handling.
Puppet Showplace Theatre is an award-winning non-profit performing arts organization www.puppetshowplace.org/ 32 Station Street Brookline, MA 02445 • Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/massmouth.org