the living art of storytelling in Massachusetts
Time: May 13, 2014 from 6pm to 9:30pm
Location: Harvard School of Public Health
Street: 677 Huntington Avenue, Kresge 204
Website or Map: http://www.meetup.com/bostonc…
Event Type: social, club, bilingual, mandarin-english, conversation, language, mandarin, chinese, travel, korea, asia
Organized By: Maynard S. Clark
Latest Activity: May 11, 2014
* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)? * English speakers want to learn Mandarin? * Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
• Before 6 pm - free conversations - so arrive early - as early as 5:30 pm
• 6-7 - Introductions
• 7-8 pm - Yiying Joey Wu "Travel in Korea"Korean culture, food, and tourist attractions ('tourist traps' vs. what is of enduring value and worth visiting)" - why Chinese and other people would want to visit Korea; what Koreans want to show to them
PowerPoint Presentation in BOTH Mandarin AND English
• 8-9:30 pm - small Mandarin-speaking groups
• 8-9:30 pm - English language pronunciation and grammar workshops
After 9:30 pm - free conversations - so stay late
Our stable location is Kresge 201-204 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
All attendees need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail Maynard.Clark@GMail.com to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
PLEASE (try to) request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus. * Green Line E-Line comes to the building. * Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes. * Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes. * MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent. * Route 9 comes right into the area. * Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Show your CURRENT LOCAL ID to the HSPH Security Guard, the UP the open indoor stairwell (follow signs to Kresge 201, 202, 203, or 204).
• E-Mail Maynard.Clark@GMail.com for a building pass if you don't have a Harvard ID.
• We convene in Kresge 204
• You will ask the HSPH security guard WHICH of the four rooms we're using that night, and where that is.
Read more and register:
PLEASE plan to show up early so we can begin our 'bilingual introductions' on time, so our presenter can begin (and end) on time.