Do you have a story and you want to tell it at the slam, but you’re not sure if your story is ready?
Maybe you have a friend with a story for the next slam and you want them to tell it, but he/she is not sure if their story is ready?
Solution: Free Story Coaching
"Coaching by phone is a great idea! In a few minutes of coaching, I got just what I needed to make my story shorter and sharper. Thanks massmouth! If you want to tell better stories and are open to respectful professional feedback, get this coaching." - J. Cousins, story slam participant
How do I get this!?
Start by emailing email@example.com and follow these directions:
STEP 1: E-MAIL
1) Write your name and "coaching," in the subject line.
2) In the body of the email, put your name (again) and the best phone # at which to reach you.
3) Also in the body of the email, put the slam theme+date you're interested in, as well as the title or subject of your story.
4) Finally, please indicate times you are available for a ten minute coaching session and any specific questions you might have about the story you are telling.
STEP 2: RECORD YOUR STORY
1) Dial 617-942-2553
2) When prompted, say your name
3) Tell your story (please have a minimum of 3 minutes prepared).
4) You can re-record as often as you like but please, be fair, only leave ONE recording at the voicemail.
STEP 3: WAIT TO HEAR BACK
Please, don't leave more than one story or message per month. We'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible!
A FEW TIPS
* Try not to read from notes - we can always tell. Just wing it.
* Take some time to include specific questions you may have in your e-mail, especially about your story, and we'll be able to get right to work.
Finally, encourage your friends to get coaching! Especially non-performer storytellers who may have a good story on the theme, but need some assistance in sorting out how to tell it. Not everyone likes feedback, but if you think coaching will help you feel prepared and confident -- call us!
And remember! At slams, anyone can put their name in the 'hat' and offer their story! Coaching does not guarantee anyone a place on the list of tellers.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
"stories are everywhere"
Big Mouths @ massmouth