the living art of storytelling in Massachusetts
What is "massmouth choice"?
We are always looking for awesome stories and really committed tellers -- regardless of experience. To that end, massmouth organizers reserve the right to guarantee a maximum of two storytellers a spot on the list at each slam.
Maybe you're traveling a long way to get to a particular slam, maybe you feel really strongly about a certain theme, maybe you've been preparing forever and just wanna get your story out there... Whatever the reason, we want to support you.
A teller CANNOT be 'massmouth choice' if:
1) The teller has won already.
2) The teller has told in more than 3 consecutive slams.
3) The teller has already been selected as 'massmouth choice' that month.
How do you get to be "massmouth choice"?
We have set up a 24/7 voicemail box. Instructions below.
STEP 1: E-MAIL
You MUST send an email first to email@example.com with:
1) Your name and "massmouth choice" in the subject line.
2) In the body of the e-mail, put your name, the best phone # at which to reach you and the title or subject of your story.
3) The theme and slam date/location.
STEP 2: RECORD YOUR STORY
You may only record one story per theme. When you are ready to tell up to 3 or so minutes of your 5 minute story...
1) Dial 617-942-2553
2) When prompted, say your name and the slam you are pitching for...
3) Tell your story*
Record online ( we prefer this - it saves us a step) using the instructions here:
*You can re-record as often as you need but please, only LEAVE ONE recording at the voice mail
STEP 3: WAIT TO HEAR BACK
Please wait to hear back from us. We will call if interested or e-mail you regrets as soon as humanly possible.
IMPORTANT: We close entries 24 hours before each slam and notify those chosen by e-mail and phone. All decisions are final. We do not reveal who was "chosen" at the show so as not to sway judges or audiences in either direction.
Please re-read these guidelines, and then call 617-942-2553 if you have any other questions, OR send an e-mail with a clear subject in header to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you as soon as we can!